Friday, September 11, 2009

Rock n Roll Love Letter!

So I caught this band Thursday night, called The Weight, a Gram Parsons-isque band from Brooklyn. I only caught the last two songs they played, but definitely was very tight. Afterward I met and hung out with Jameson the keyboardist. I must say, I lalala love when touring bands come through, its entertaining to hear how there scene is and whats going on with new music. He also told me how he writes artilcles for Vice, about food of all things! He was super stoked to hear that I will be visiting NYC during CMJ Music Festival, and of course said he would show me around. Its great making friends from other cities kids, because then instead of visiting the statute of liberty, I get to kick it with the locals, go to the seedist parties and have a free place to stay. We never exchanged numbers, but he did save my address- vowing he would write me a"love letter". How fucking cute is that!?

The Weight @ CMJ 2008 from tinymixtapes on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment