Friday, September 11, 2009

The Beat!

In the punk scene, lots of the best bands are from the 70s and 80s. occasionally these bands make a comeback, and go on tour. My experience is seeing a band that I love and respect, butcher these songs in an attempt to relive the past. Well guess what guys, your old drunk living legends; perverts of the punk scene. Releasing shitty new albums and playing only a few songs people actually want to hear! You end up waiting at the show for hours only to hear two songs you absolutely love get butchered!

So tonight is no exception.I have a running list of bands I want to see before I die- The Beat is on it! Granted I started this list when I was 16, and have checked off most of them! The Beat is amazing example of Powerpop, and if you have never listened to them check out their self titled album- its like hit after hit!


Paul Collins actually wrote the song made famous by Blondie- "Hanging on the Telephone". So washed up or not, this guy definitely made his imprint on the music scene and whether or not the show goes well or not tonight, I am still going to enjoy his presence!

The Avengers are also playing (again a legendary female fronted punk band)


This is all going down at the FUNHOUSE TONIGHT!

1 comment: