Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mudhoney @ Neumos


Grunge is not dead- as I found out last night at the Mudhoney Show. It was free, and the crowd was full of dudes who crawled out of there basement averaging about 30 yrs old. Most smelly flannel wearing head banging show I've been to in a while! Lots of crowd surfing drunks giving the Devilhorns and raging back into the mosh pit action. I saw two girls fight, one grabbed the other and tried to pull her into the mosh pit, her boyfriend got in the middle of them causing the grunge girl battle to get hairy, pulling each other's hair and scratching! The instagator got kicked out. There was also crazy spinning older guy- gray hair, glasses, he had to have been so high reliving his past- spinning in circles and making everyone pissed! I even yelled at him when he was hitting this poor short girl in the back of the head over and over again! I grabbed his collar and was like,"Get the fuck away-your hitting this girl" I almost had to sock him! He too eventually got kicked out.
Most bands I see give it the second time around usually suck- old dudes reliving the past, not the case with Mudhoney; they sounded amazing & really great energy! I see why now how they made it out of Seattle and into the mainstream. They played my favs "Touch me I'm Sick" & "Let it Slide". I enjoyed there stage presence too- the bass player, Guy Maddison would flash a smile- I felt he really was enjoying the moment, seeing crowd response again- and of course guitar player, Steve Turner, fucking rocks! From a twangy sound to the heavyist of heavy grunge he nailed it! The magic of front man, Mark Arm really captivated me and the fact he is older and still looking good and rocking it?! Who could ask for anything more!

No comments:

Post a Comment